The Yeti Revisited

An ongoing narrative, a place of gathering, a refocusing of creative energies...and yetis.

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Stuff From Comix Workshop


I am currently participating in a student-run workshop called Comics Storytelling, and I'm exploring lots of exciting ideas and improving my skills in fun ways. Also, I just recently bought my first pens specifically for inking (a Sakura Micron 08 and Sakura brush pen) and I've been experimenting a lot over the past couple of days with them. Thus we get this one-page comic, which was originally an exercise in expressive body language for our characters, which I then inked for the experience and attempted to create some nice background detail (a la Jeff Smith). I think I overdid it a bit with the small lines, but hey, this is a learning process. Beyond that, there are also a number of extraneous ink-lines that I would remove, but it didn't seem worth it at this juncture, so if you notice a flaw, good for you.

Also, this is a scan of a photocopy (the original was too big to fit on the current scanner being used, as it was made on 11x15 Bristol.) The 65% photocopy looked great. The scan of the photocopy looks a little less great, but you get the idea. I'm going to figure out a way to get it with much better quality sometime later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home